Watch the re-broadcast of my Food Network appearance on Cooks vs. Cons, May 21, 2 a.m. East.
Experience a Night of Healthy Delights
The 2017 Gourmet Soiree Chef Showdown promises to be the most exciting evening yet. Florida Hospital along with local chefs invite you to join for an exciting evening of fun and cooking. Guests will not only watch chefs prepare incredible healthy dishes before their eyes, they actively participate in the creation and preparation of their meal.
All proceeds benefit all vital programs at Florida Hospital while highlighting Florida Hospital for Children’s health and wellness programs that teach children about good eating habits and healthy life choices.
Dressy-casual attire recommended.
Cooking With Your Chef (that’s me!)
As a guest, you’ll assist your table’s chef in creating a healthy meal based on their own original recipe. Each table of 10 will be provided with proteins courtesy of Sysco. There will also be nearly 150 ingredients available in the Whole Foods Market® pantries to choose from.
- Chefs bring their own recipe
- Tables have about 30 minutes to prepare their meal.
- Cooking stations consist of butane burners, pans, cutting boards and utensils.
- Pantry shelves are stocked with nearly 150 ingredients including fresh vegetables, fruits, and grains (all donated by Whole Foods Market).
- The protein for the main entrée is provided for each person (all donated by Sysco)
- Side dished are served family style (vegetarian options and custom meals are available upon request).