Creamy, herby, tangy buttermilk dressing comes together in just a few minutes, with a few simple ingredients. Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free.
- 1 cup full fat buttermilk⠀
- 1 cup full fat sour cream⠀
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider or white vinegar⠀
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill⠀
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves⠀
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced⠀
- zest from 1 lemon⠀(optional)
- 1/4 tsp gray sea salt⠀
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper⠀
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, oil, vinegar, dill, thyme, parsley, garlic, zest, salt, and pepper until well combined. Season with additional salt or herbs to taste.⠀
- Transfer dressing to a glass bottle or jar. Cover and refrigerate up to 7 days.
Keywords: salad dressing, buttermilk dressing