Fresh cilantro and lime zest add zing to this classic rice side kick. Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 3/4 cup organic long-grain, white rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp. gray sea salt
- zest of 3 large limes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a medium saucepan heat olive oil and butter over medium heat until shimmering. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add rice, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 60 seconds.
- Stir in chicken stock, water, and salt. Increase heat to high, bring to boiling. Reduce to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, until rice is al-dente, about 15-18 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, drain rice like you would for pasta; return rice to pan.
- Stir in cilantro and lime zest. Season with additional salt or fresh lime juice.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate, covered, up to 7 days.