Softened, grass-fed butter, and a variety of aromatics, like herbs, garlic, onions, dried fruits, and jams, can transform already extraordinary butter into a flavor bomb staple you’ll always want to have on hand. When blended together, the mixture is called “compound butter,” and it can be used to easily infuse flavor into anything and everything.
- 2 sticks salted, grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. finely minced red onion
- 1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. gray sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl stir together butter, garlic, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a ramekin, or shape into two logs and wrap in parchment. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm.
For honey-garlic butter, mix together butter, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tbsp. local honey, and ½ tsp. yellow or grainy mustard.
For garlic bleu cheese butter, mix together butter, 1 minced garlic clove, ½ cup bleu cheese crumbles.
For cranberry-orange butter, mix together butter, ¼ cup minced dried cranberries, and zest of 1 orange.
For maple butter, mix together butter, 2 tbsp. maple syrup, and ½ tsp. grainy mustard.