- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, date sugar, or coconut sugar
- Flavoring of choice
- Chantilly: 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Vanilla bean: 1/2 tsp. vanilla paste
- Peppermint: 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Amaretto: 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Coffee: 1/2 tsp. coffee syrup
- Snickerdoodle: 1 tsp. vanilla extract + 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl add cream.
- Using a hand-held mixer with beaters or whip attachment, whip cream on low-medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to medium-high, whip until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off mixer; add powdered sugar and flavoring of choice. Continue whipping on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- For sweeter cream, add 1-2 tablespoons more of sugar of choice.
- If cream begins to lose its smooth texture or begins to separate, it’s been whipped for too long. Do not throw it away – this can be turned into a sweet butter. Continue to whip on high speed until the cream begins to bead and a yellow, milky liquid separates from the solids. Gather solid pieces together (butter) into a ball, and squeeze out excess moisture. Transfer butter to a ramekin or wrap in parchment and refrigerate until ready to use.