Registration for 2020 has closed. Subscribe to This Honest Food below for upcoming workshops, classes, and exclusive recipes.
Join me for a FREE Live Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Workshop, streaming on Facebook, where we’ll make all of your favorite classics.
How many Thanksgivings have you been stuck eating just salad? If you’re anything like me, it’s been waaay too many to count.
Imagine enjoying stuffing, gravy, those crispy onions on top of the casserole, marshmallows on top of the sweet potatoes, and PIE, without the 8+ days of misery because you caved in and ate something with gluten.
ON THE MENU:
SATURDAY, November 21st, 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m East
- GF Sweet Potato Casserole with GF Homemade Marshmallows
- GF Green Bean Casserole with GF Crispy Fried Shallots
- GF Creamy Mashed Potatoes, flavored any way you’d like
- Q&A after we cook
SUNDAY, November 22nd, 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. East
- GF Stuffing that actually tastes just like stuffing
- GF Sweet Potato-Pumpkin Pie with flaky GF pie dough
- Compound Butter and gravy for the bird
- Q&A after we cook
Thanksgiving dinner just got a whole lot more fun and delicious!
here’s what’s included in your 2-Day, Jam-packed WORKSHOP:
- Daily Facebook posts and prompts in our private Facebook Group.
- Playbacks for live cook-alongs so you don’t miss a thing.
- Recipes, shopping lists, and equipment lists for everything we cook.
- How to make a GF roux for all of your creamy, dreamy sauces and gravy.
- How to make soft, pillowy (addictively delicious) marshmallows from scratch.
- The perfect combo of GF flours for THE best baking results.
- How to make GF bread that isn’t grainy or falling apart.
- How to make no-fail tender, flaky GF pie dough.
- My best GF cooking and baking secrets you can use whenever you cook!
Our private Facebook group is THE place to be. Here, you can ask me anything because I’ll be interacting with you every day until Thanksgiving. All Recipes are GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE, and SOY-FREE! Do you have other allergies and restrictions? No problem. We’ll talk through all of the substitutions.
Meet your Chef and Nutrition Instructor!
Hello there! I’m Dawn Viola, a Certified Executive Chef and former Le Cordon Bleu Instructor with a Master’s Degree in Health and Nutrition Education. After a successful career in marketing, I switched my focus to food after being diagnosed with multiple food allergies 13 years ago.
When I was first diagnosed, I remember being in a state of panic, thinking, “𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗺 𝗜 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗮t?!” I felt alone, scared, confused, frustrated, angry, tired of it all, and overwhelmed at the thought of having to cook everything completely from scratch. I didn’t know what to do, or where to begin.
There weren’t many resources available back then, so I enrolled in culinary and nutrition school to learn everything I could about food, cooking, and health, and now I’m sharing all of my best GF, SF, and NF cooking secrets, tips and tricks with you!