Creamy, garlicky Caesar dressing with lots of fresh lemon brightens up massaged kale for a healthier version of a classic salad. Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free.
- 2 anchovy fillets, packed in oil (or 1/2 tsp anchovy paste)
- 1/4 tsp gray sea salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sour cream or buttermilk (optional, to make it creamy)
- 8 cups packed shredded, massaged kale, any variety
- In a large bowl mash together anchovy, salt, and garlic.
- Add mustard, Worcestershire, lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, oil, vinegar, and sour cream; whisk until well blended.
- Add kale and toss until well coated. Serve immediately, or refrigerate salad, covered, up to 3 days.
Serve as a side dish with any meal, or make it a meal by adding grilled, baked, or poached chicken or salmon.
Fancy it up with croutons, roasted red pepper, or grilled veg.
Keywords: Caesar salad, Kale, Side Dish